Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

TIme Wastin'.

I'm on fall break. I had been counting down to fall break for weeks. This year our fall break is a week shorter than it has been in the past and it is two weeks later than it normally is. Those shortcoming aside, I was so eager for it. I had plans. I had to-do lists. I was going to be productive. What is that saying about the good intentions....

Needless to say I have not followed through on most of those plans. It feels like all I have done is sleep. Granted I have managed to make a sizable dent in the laundry and the roommate cleaned the kitchen. Grocery shopping and bill paying is off the list but other than that...nope.

The pup and I took a nice long nap today. I had a migraine and his mama had taken him to have his nails trimmed--a traumatic experience and one for which he must be sedated. This may have been why he preferred to nap with his auntie instead of staying up with his mama. However, cuddle time with the pup was not on the list. Maybe the list is the problem.

I always have this mental and sometimes physical list of things that I need to do when I have time. A list of things that I just do not have time to do during the work week--between teaching, coaching, grading, cleaning, etc. A list of things that I'll do during fall break, Christmas break, spring break. Maybe I need to just plan on relaxing on breaks and do the chores when I get to them...or maybe I need a cleaning service. Might as well dream:).

2 comments:

Laura said...

I think your blog is off to a great start!

Lists are a two-edged sword, aren't they? I mean, we have to have them to get anything done, but they can be such a trap, too.

You did work on your laundry, though. That is an accomplishment. :) And you're refreshed for when you go back to work. Goodness knows, there are only a few jobs in this world harder than teaching English.

Renee said...

Thanks!
We're now working out how to use blogs in our classrooms. Hence the name & email change on here. So now my blogging will have another application:).
Oh bless my students' little hearts, we are writing research papers; it's hard on all of us at the moment.