Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Talladega Bound!

By this time tomorrow, I will be somewhere on the road between home and Talladega...well, actually between home and the hotel outside of Atlanta but close enough. It is Dega race weekend and I do love Talladega--not the just the race but the entire experience. It is...an interesting experience to say the least and it is not for everyone. Small children...actually anyone under the age of 18 does not need to attend this particular race. You see things at Dega that the young ones do not need to witness but that's a topic for another blog.

I know some people still think that NASCAR is just a bunch of drunk rednecks especially at Dega and there are some of those people there but most of the fans are just average people. The same people that you see at work or the mall or even church. There is a sense camaraderie among the majority of the race fans. We're all there for a common goal--to see our driver win the race and to have fun while doing it.

I have a feeling that this year's race weekend will be even more interesting and entertaining because it is Halloween. The track seems to be going all out to celebrate the holiday. I have a feeling that I'm going to have a lot to blog about when I return. I'm rather looking forward to that too!

No comments: