Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions...at least not ones that I actually write down. I may think "Oh, I'm going to exercise more" or "I'm going eat healthier" but I've never made a resolution list that I can have as a reminder to make sure that I follow through. Therefore, this year we're going to try a different take. I'm going to write them down and maybe, just maybe I'll stick with them.

Resolution one:
Stay on the Weight Watchers Wagon and actually reach my goal weight (which means those Rice Krispies treats in the kitchen may have to go down the garbage disposal). I've never been skinny but back in the days when I was the dancer (instead of the coach), I was at a much healthier body weight. It is time for me to fix that.

Resolution two:
Actually use the gym membership for which I have been paying 30 bucks or so for months. This will help with resolution one and when I exercise, I feel better. It just often seems like I never have time. I am going to have to make time.

Resolution three
: Restore order to my personal space---namely my bedroom. The living room and kitchen and such gets cleaned up regularly but I just tend to shut my bedroom door---thus sparing guests (and my roommate and the dog) from witnessing the chaos of my room. (The dog, however, loves to come in and investigate my mess.) But as noted in previous blogs, I'm highly allergic to dust mites--more cleanliness in my bedroom would help me be healthier in body as well as mind.

Resolution four:
Stay caught up on my grading...or at least not fall more than a week behind. This will require better time management on my part--and even when the papers are depressingly bad, I will have to go ahead and plow through them...all of them.

Resolution five
: Take time for myself. It seems like all I do anymore is work related. I'm either making lesson plans, grading papers, cutting music, choreographing dance routines, running dance practice, attending games or competitions.
I'm tired just looking at that list; no wonder I've had trouble with resolutions two & three. In addition to taking time for my health, resolutions 1-3 as well as those doctor's appointments that I'm having trouble scheduling, I need to read stuff other than what I'm teaching; I need to write--this blog, a journal, something. I need outlets for me.

So here we go...something different this year, an actual resolution list. At this point, I am hopeful and positive. I can do these things and this list will hopefully keep me on track.

No comments: