Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Year's Miracle...

...at least that's what the dog thinks.

Let me backtrack:
The roommate's dog had a little gray sheep. Last year, Bath & Body Works sold little sheep and after Christmas, they were practically giving them away. I bought a bunch and the roommate bought one for the little black dog. He loved it literally to pieces but it lasted for a year. I had one more little gray sheep in my room in the present box that I had planned to give him once the new had worn off his Christmas toys (or after he had destroyed them. Lab & Basset mix--he has strong jaws and most toys are no match for him. The good news is that he will continue to play with the remnants for-ev-er).

As I was doing some heavy duty cleaning in my bedroom, the little black dog wandered in and imagine his delight when he spotted it--the sheep. His sheep. Restored to its former glory. Its tail still attached. Its hair still soft and not all bushy. Its stuffing still inside. He was overjoyed. He looked at the sheep and then up at me and then back at the sheep. He snatched it out of the box and bounded out of the room triumphantly to show his mama that his sheep was back.

A New Year's Miracle.

No comments: