Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pray for you

The roommate has a new philosophy.  She has decided to stop letting people anger her and that she will pray for those who annoy her because they must be unhappy.  She believes that they are treating her poorly because of what is going on in their lives.  For example, our boss makes an arbitrary and asinine decision; the roomie will tell me that she's going to pray for our boss. She thinks it is working because our boss has been frighteningly chipper and pleasant as of late...which is freaking me out.

I'm not quite that enlightened yet.  Every single time that she says it, I get the lyrics to that country song going through my head--Pray for You by Jaron and the Long Road to Love--where the preacher advises him to lift it up and pray for the person who wronged him but he prays for bad things to happen to this person.  As a result, I nearly giggle when the roomie's being completely earnest and then I feel bad. 

Sigh.

Snarky and sarcastic are two of my best events; closely followed by resentment and rage--unhealthy to be sure.  There's a reason I habitually need a massage.  Her new philosophy has seemed to mellow her out and I could use that.

I'm going to have to work on this.  Too bad that song is so dang catchy but hey, laughing is positive.  Right? 
I may be in some trouble here...

No comments: