Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Don't let the bedbugs bite.

I'm off to bed early tonight.  I'm actually a girl who needs eight hours a night  but that hasn't happened since high school. Way back in high school, I went to bed at 9 o'clock.  Not because my parents made me but because if I did not, then I could not get up in the morning for school.  In college, that stopped.  My classes started later and often dance team practice lasted until 10 pm.  Therefore I wasn't in bed until at least midnight or later--I would have to take a shower, finish homework and generally wind down.
A similar pattern has continued into my teaching career, with one exception, I have to be at work before 8 a.m.  Slightly problematic but I usually am not in bed this early.  Usually It's closer to midnight before I'm in bed. 
However, in the morning, I get to start hall duty; actually,it's stairwell duty but just as annoying.  I will get to stand by a set of stairs from 7:45-8:19 and say, "Where are you going?  No.  Go to the cafeteria or gym."    Sounds fun, huh? 
Did I mention that I am not a morning person?  I don't like to talk to people in the morning; the gals on my hall typically just wave at me in the morning.  This may actually be hazardous to the  health local teenagers. 
In the interest of my sanity, my health and the children's safety, I'm going to try to go the bed at a more responsible hour.  Here's hoping it works.
Could be worse. The roommate has had parking lot duty for the past two months.  At least I'll get to be inside the building.
Night all.

No comments: