Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Confessions of a TV Junkie: Roadhouse Edition

I know that Roadhouse is a movie but I've only ever watched it on TV or on VHS.  My college roommate, Andi and I were major Patrick Swayze fans.  As dancers, we were naturally obsessed with Dirty Dancing but Andi's favorite--hands down--was and still is Roadhouse.  She frequently quoted Dalton's "pain don't hurt" line.  Which as a nursing student and now a nurse...I'm not sure her patients would appreciate the sentiment.  As her very accident prone roommate and dance co-captain, I tended to argue that point.

Now anytime that I come across Roadhouse on Spike or AMC or any other network, I have to stop and at least watch part of it. And let's face it...they re-air it...a lot. It always makes me think of Andi, our tiny cluttered dorm room and pizza.  We would dip into the pizza money that my daddy always gave us, bang on the wall to get our friends & neighbors K & D to come over and pile on the beds to watch it.

I think I'm going to log off and watch it again and remember good times with good friends.
Until next time, here's a little Dalton wisdom--"Nobody ever wins a fight.".

RIP Patrick Swayze.

No comments: