Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Cleaning

Spring break around here means spring cleaning.   On Saturday, I did yard work--with the little black dog supervising the operation.  I still have a lot to do out there;  the flower beds need mulch and flowers but that may have to wait until next pay day...especially since I tend to get carried way with the flowers. The little black dog loved it!  We were outside for a long time and that is one of his favorite places to be.

On Monday, I hauled off part of the recycling, did the laundry, did the dishes and started scrubbing the bathroom.  We have an entire winter's worth of recycling but I'll have to deal with the rest tomorrow.  Our recycling center is in a rough part of town and I will only go down there in the daily light.  Besides on tomorrow, we're going to deal with the garage.

Today, I had to go get my allergy shots and as I'm highly allergic to dust mites, the cleaning had to stop for the day.  Otherwise the injection sites react and it's not pretty.  I did get some grocery shopping done.

As I mentioned a bit ago, tomorrow we're cleaning the garage---we, my little bro, the little black dog and me.  Granted the little black dog will simply be looking for any of his exiled toys while the boy and I clean.  My brother is on spring break as well and my mother is determined that he is going to leave the blasted video games alone and do something.   He's fifteen now; he can make himself useful.

The roommate had surgery last week, so she may be able to supervise the operation but I doubt it.  She's still hurting and that garage looks like something you would see on TLC or Discovery.  You know those shows about Hoarders?  That's what it looks like.

I tried do some cleaning in there earlier in the year but  it was not something that I could do by myself.  Just not strong enough--and the whole dust mite problem.  I'd made a little bit of a dent and then the roommate's sister left her husband and we ended up with a bunch of her furniture in there.  She's supposed to be coming to get it soon but she's had to work a lot of mandatory overtime and can't make it down here.

It supposed to be pretty tomorrow and so either the boy or I can fight through to the door to open it and start hauling things out to the driveway.  Unfortunately, I suspect that there is a lot of stuff out there that's destined for the trash can and our trash can is full.  I didn't expect trash pick up on Good Friday.  

I also need to mop the floors, vaccum, haul things to Goodwill, store things for a yard sale, store the winter things and get out the spring/summer...

Wonder if I can con the boy into dusting for me?  Probably not--he is a teenager.

...you know, as much as all this stuff needs to get done, I wish I could just go to Tybee Island instead.

2 comments:

S.I.F. said...

Oh my! That sounds like a serious project in the works.

I hate when I have those, but I always love when they are done!

Renee said...

Garage looks good now but Lord, we have to have a yard sale. LOL