Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Time Wastin' Part 2

Spring break is winding down and overall I have been very productive.  The garage has been cleaned out but now we need to have a yard sale.  The recycling has been hauled away.  All the laundry has been washed.  The patio area has been cleaned up and new yard lights installed.

Yet, there is one task that I have avoided--grading papers.

I have a stack of papers to be graded (and there's actually bag of papers to be graded floating around here as well).  I just do not want to think about next week--Monday morning marks the end of spring break and I'm just not ready for it to end.  Grading those papers forces me to think about that...and I don't wanna.

As of Monday, there will only be 32 school days until summer break.  Of those 32 days, six days are testing.  That leaves 26 days of instruction and way too much content to try to squeeze into their brains.  It gives me a headache just to think about it.

I also need to finalize lesson plans for my seniors.  I have the freshmen plans outlined--they are ambitious to say the least but the seniors lesson plans are still up in the air.

But instead of doing these things, I am blogging and watching Chelsea Lately...with the papers stacked up beside me.

I could start grading them but...I think I'll just go put way the laundry.

No comments: