Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Did someone seriously just ask that?

Today was Tuesday and Tuesday means faculty meeting or department meeting or meetings about meetings.  Sigh.  I hate Tuesday.

We always seem to have someone who asks a question that makes me think and sometimes mutter, "Did she/he just ask that?"  Today was no exception.

Our school district wants us to use more technology and social media in our classroom but...they're scared to death of the technology and the social media.  Welcome to my world. 

Today we were given a form letter permission slip to send home with our kids if we were planning on using blogs in our classrooms.  I've been kicking around some ideas of how to use blogging in my class but the biggest problem is a lack of working and available equipment.  If I can't get them to a computer with working internet access, then we can't do it.

But I digress.  That's not what I was going to rant about.

As the boss is talking about this letter, someone asks, "What's a blog?"  I know; you're thinking that they weren't serious.  I wish that was the case.

Now I recognize that some of the more senior staff members have no clue about anything more modern than a VCR but we spent hours after school completing technology PD last year and part of that professional development...setting up a blog!

If I have to sit through another professional development about something that I already know how to do, lead by someone who does not know as much about the subject matter as well as I do all because someone didn't pay attention last time....well, it is not going to be pretty.  

No comments: