Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Frustration...

Frustration is "a deep chronic sense or state of insecurity and dissatisfaction arising from unresolved problems or unfulfilled needs" (Merriam Webster).   Yep, that is an accurate assessment of the situation.

I am extremely frustrated...already.  Now I have to figure out how to deal with it...in a healthy fashion. 

I prefer to just go off on the person causing the frustration but I can't do that.  This leads to more unhealthy behavior--emotional eating for one.  I can't give in to that impulse; I lost two pounds this week and if I stay on track, I could be at my goal weight by the end of the school year.  I can't let this derail me.

 I also tend to hold on to the resentment (especially if I can't let the anger out) and I end up in a great deal of pain--my neck, my back, my shoulders...tension and tightness.  Headaches tend to follow close behind.

I've taken a walk but I still feel the tension in my body.  Hopefully a shower and some meditation will help.  If not, this may be a long year.

No comments: